4.29.2009

Insect Lore

My three year old is pretty obsessed with bugs. I'm pretty sure this is a mandatory interest for all boys but just the same it really grosses me out. I will never quite get the need to hold on to some creepy crawly worm discovered in the mud. Thank goodness for Insect Lore and their butterfly garden, This is one kind insect experiment that I can handle. They ship you a little container filled with caterpillars & their food. Then you just keep an eye on them until they become chrysalis. After they have reached that point you hang them in the butterfly garden and watch as a butterfly emerges. It was so easy to do and to care for. I was not worried about the creatures escaping in my house and my son got to watch nature in change in his bedroom. He was completely captivated by the way his caterpillars became butterflies. Every day he would spend lots of his time watching to make sure everything was ok with them. The hardest part was getting him to let his butterflies fly free. Insect Lore has a great selection of cool insect sets that let your children learn & witness some of natures creations. You can choose from ants, frogs, spiders (Eeek), ladybugs, and even worms.

You can win your own Butterfly Garden from Insect Lore. To enter to win visit Insect Lore and then fill out the form below. The deadline to enter is May 29th and as always you can double your winning chances by subscribing to Now What Baby.

Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...