8.07.2008

Back to School Week: Healthy Drinks for the lunch box!

So it's time to start packing up your little one's lunch and I'm happy to say that I have found 3 healthy drink alternatives. All of them have passed the picking toddler taste test and I'm thrilled to have found some alternatives to the usual sugary juice!

Hawaiian themed Nui Water comes in three great flavors (Raging Red, Outrageous Orange, and Purple Power). My son was partial to the Raging Red flavor but he happily gulped them all down. Here are a few reasons why I would recommend Nui Water to your family:
  1. It has NO High Fructose Corn Syrup - it gets all it's sweetness and flavor from real fruit juice
  2. It's kind of like drinking a cup of milk because is has the same amount of vitamin D your child would get in a cup of milk and 1/2 the amount of calcium in a cup of milk - not bad for juice!
  3. It is stuffed full of essential vitamins - it has vitamins like B3, B5, B6, B12, Vitamin A,Vitamin C, and Potassium & Fiber
  4. The antioxidants in Nui Water is the same as drinking a cup of green tea - which increases the energy you burn, helps to prevent the growth of bacteria in your mouth (eewww), reduces body fat, and aids in the prevention of fatty material getting deposited into your arteries
  5. 50% of the net profits are being donated to charities that help kids maintain healthy lifestyles, stay fit and be nutritious. So you aren't just helping your child when you buy Nui Water!

Honest Beverages has created an alternative to the typical pouch drink called Honest Kids. The delicious juice is available in 3 fun flavors (Tropical Mango Punch, Berry Berry Good Lemonade, and Goodness Grapeness). My son loved the Mango Punch and I couldn't stop stealing his Berry Lemonade. There are many reasons to purchase Honest Kids for your child - here are a few:
  1. It contains half the sugar of most kids drinks
  2. It contains NO High Fructose Corn Syrup
  3. It has 100% of the your daily recommended vitamin C and contains only 40 calories per pouch
  4. It's also caffeine free & USDA Organic
  5. They care about the environment - Honest Kids have teamed up with TerraCycle and together they save used drink pouches and turn them into stylish school supplies! You can purchase them at Target, Walgreens and Office Max!
By the way Moms & Dads - Honest Beverages has some incredibly tasty drinks for you too! You can get Honest Tea selections like Citrus Green Energy Tea, Peach White Tea, Pomegranate White Tea with Acai, Lemon Black Tea and Honey Green Tea. My husband loves the Honey Green Tea and I surprising became a fan of the Pomegranate and Peach Teas. I say surprisingly because I am not a tea drinker. Before trying Honest Tea I had never liked Tea and I still don't like most teas. All of the Honest Teas above are USDA certified organic, low in calories and high in antioxidants and they are only $1.59!

If you're not a tea drinker, Honest Beverages also has a line of drinks called Honest Ade. You can purchase drinks in great flavors like Cranberry Lemonade, Limeade, Orange Mango and my favorite Pomegranate Blue. They have the same great price as Honest Tea and all have less than 50 calories. These drinks are also USDA certified organic and low in sugar. Check out all that Honest Beverages has to offer for your family!
When I saw the flavor options from First Juice I couldn't help thinking "No way my child is going to drink something called Banana + Carrot". I could not have been more wrong. He doesn't just drink it - he chugs it. He can't seem to get enough and after I tried it myself I could understand why. It tastes great! First Juice comes in two flavor options - Banana + Carrot & Apple +Carrot. Here is a list of the reasons I love First Juice:
  1. It contains 50% less sugar than the leading 100% fruit juice, only 12 grams
  2. It has important nutrients like vitamins A, C, and D & calcium
  3. The single serve bottle was smartly designed with a sippy-top that helps your young child avoid spills
  4. Its an organic blend of vegetable and fruit juice that was made specifically for toddlers - the amount of flavoring was engineered for developing taste buds and has the goal of creating a desire for less sweet tastes. They call it Toddler Taste Bud Training and thus far it has worked for my toddler
  5. The drink comes in a BPA free bottle!! You don't have to worry about the dangers of plastics when you choose First Juice!
Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...