3.30.2009

Dad's Pregnant Too


Please buy this for your husband when you discover you are expecting. It's like a how-to manual for keeping mommy sane. Pregnancy does all kinds of crazy things to my mind and it can make me downright psycho. It helps a lot when the man who got you into this mess has a understanding of what is going on with your body. Dad's Pregnant Too is filled with tips and advice to help dad be informed and helpful during the fun filled 9 months. This book is very unique in that it is filled with funny stories & tips from actual dads & moms. It's written for dad and made to relate to a man, instead of a woman. It covers ways for dad to relate and learn to deal with the changes his baby's mama is going through. Dad's Pregnant Too is one of the few books that actual talks about how to make your relationship work during this time.

Harlan Cohen is witty and does a great job of keeping your man's interest by making the book as humorous as possible. But don't let the humor fool you though - it is chock full of helpful tidbits that can save you dad a huge fight. Prepare him for what's in store. I once locked myself in the laundry room for 3 hours because I didn't think my husband was showing enough interest in the baby book I was reading. He was listening and reading it with me and then he made the INSANE mistake of leaving the room to get a glass of water. I could not believe he could be so insensitive. Really water? Really?

Although Dad's Pregnant Too won't prevent the hormones from raging, it will help Dad to understand whats happening and how mom feels. It's amazing how much better you can make a pregnant woman feel just by sympathizing and thinking ahead. I found myself enjoying this book as much, if not more than my husband. I was amazed at how spot on most of the advice was...like one of the tips that says when dealing with a cranky pregnant woman the bottom line is "Cranky pregnant women are different from cranky not-pregnant women. You got her into the, so attempt to make it better." It even has a list of things you should NEVER say to a pregnant woman. Here are a few of my favorites: "Never asks if everyone gains this much weight." and "Never point out a problem without having a solution in mind.". This would be a great gift for your hubby when you discover you're pregnant....possibly even a unique way to tell him the good news. Save your man some heartache and save yourself some yelling with Dad's Pregnant Too.Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...