2.20.2009

02.20.09 - Special Edition


My mother pointed out to me the other day that I have written very little about my better half. It's not intentional - I just mainly write reviews of products he would have no interest in. Today when I was browsing one of my favorite sites dooce - I cam across a question & answer she did about her husband and decided to do the same. So here goes....

What are your middle names?
Our middle names are pretty boring. Robert is Allen and I am Elaine. Honestly I never cared too much for my middle name and I gladly replaced it by my maiden name after our wedding.

How long have you been together?
We have been married for almost 5 years - wow - time flies!

How long did you know each other before you started dating?
We knew each other for a little under a year before we started officially dating.

Who asked whom out?
Wow - tough one. I don't think we ever really asked each other out but met at a party, stayed in touch, and then towards the end I pursued him.

How old are each of you?
Rob just turned 30 and I am 24. It's nice to be the younger one in the relationship and I love that I can count on him to be more mature. He is definitely MORE mature.

Whose siblings do you see the most?
It's pretty equal. I see my sister a lot when she is not away at school. So during the summer she basically lives at our house. We see Rob's brother a little more frequently at family dinners and my brother not so much because he is spending the majority of his life with his nose in a book, poor kid.

Which situation is the hardest on you as a couple?
We struggle hard to find a way to balance everything. He travels, works, and runs his own website. I stay home but I also work from home & NWB keeps me insanely busy. It is hard to find time to spend alone. It is hard to stay on a normal routine. The vast majority of our free time is spent playing with the kids and that leaves very little time for romance. I need to bring back date night!

Did you go to the same school?
Nope. I went to a couple different schools before quitting after I received my Mrs. (hopefully I will find the time to return one day) and my hubby is a proud GA Tech grad.

Are you from the same home town?
Kinda. Although Rob grew up half his life in Jacksonville - we have lived 5 minutes away from one another for over 12 years (6 of which we had no clue)

Who is smarter?
Robert is smarter. I would have no clue how to do pretty much anything he can do. But I am very determined and once I have a goal - I won't let it go until I can figure it out. I might have to ask him for a little help though....

Who is the most sensitive?
On the inside - Robert, no question. But he would never admit it.

Where do you eat out most as a couple?
Are you kidding? We never go out (we have two little kids) but we frequently order in from this great little chinese/thai/sushi place. I absolutely love the spicy thai fried rice...maybe I will have that for dinner.

Where is the furthest you two have traveled together as a couple?
Jamaica

Who has the craziest exes?
I can't answer this one because they are probably reading this. Oddly enough though - both of our longest past term relationships are now our mutual friends, only Rob is closer to my x and I am closer to his. Weird huh?

Who has the worst temper?
Hands down this would be me. I am stubborn, impatient, and can also be irrational. I have actually lost a good friend because they drank my last coke (this is a HUGE no-no in my book. Gossip, lies, even stealing I could forgive but not my last coke. NEVER my last coke). I am quick to anger but if you leave me be for a whooping 5 minutes I will see the error of my ways. I just need a minute of silence to cool off. Unfortunately I have kindly passed on my bad temper to my 3 year old and trust me - if you thought my temper was bad you have never told Connor he has to leave his grandma's house or that he cannot have another piece of candy.

Who does the cooking?
We try to do that one pretty 50/50. Truthfully though you would have to give to Rob because although I cook half of the week, it usually consists of putting the pre-made frozen lasagna into the oven or dumping one of those skillet meals into a pan. Robert actually grills steaks and believes in fresh vegetables. I love it when it's his night and I'm pretty sure our kids do too.

Who is the neat-freak?
I am the neat freak the majority of the time. If the house is already clean then I will go crazy over someone tossing their dirty clothing on the bedroom floor but once the house reaches a messy state - I throw in the towel and add to the insanity. At that point Robert will have to step in and take control before we lose a child under a pile of crap.

Who is more stubborn?

Once again - me. I have most of the negative traits in this relationship. Why didn't you ask who is the most forgetful or always thinks they are right?

Who hogs the bed?
We share it pretty fairly. I tend to hog covers and I hate it when feet touch me. Robert is pretty respectful about my foot phobia (unless I steal the covers) - so we have reached a truce.

Who wakes up earlier?
Robert. He is a morning person. I am intolerable in the morning. I stay up way too late and Rob has a tendency to fall asleep before nine. It's a wonder our paths ever cross or that we ever manage to finish an entire episode of LOST together.

Where was your first date?
I don't even remember. How romantic am I?

Who is more jealous?
Neither of us get very jealous. I tend not to worry about his computer loving co-workers or the people he meets at the local water plants and I guess he isn't threatened by the 3 year old boys at playdates or the members of the preschool PTA.

How long did it take to get serious?
It took a lot longer than I would have liked... a whole 6 months. He always worried that I was too young & crazy and that once I actually got him I would lose interest (as was my usual pattern) but to his utter shock once he committed - I was all his and still am. Once he admitted that he decided to call me his girl we were engaged in 4 months!

Who eats more?
Yay- I win another one. I eat ALL the time. Cheese pretzels, chocolate, skittles, gummy bears, salsa...... Robert only eats at the proper meal time and has this annoying habit of just ordering soup, salad, or an appetizer for dinner. No wonder I feel so fat.

Who does the laundry?
Laundry? NO ONE does the laundry. We just keep buying new clothing when we run out of socks & or undies. We team up and do it once every 6 months and it takes about 3 weeks to get through it all. In the end we wind up with stacks of clothing the kids have already outgrown.

I'm kidding...or am I? I did wash one pair of Robert's fancy Michael Kors wool pants and then put them in the dryer. They returned in a condition just perfect for a smurf and I was so worried about his reaction that I just rehung them in his closet. I wish I had his reaction on video when he went to put them on one morning. After that he did the laundry for almost a year. Maybe I need to shrink something again...

Who's better with the computer?
Robert of course - he is a tech grad. He can make your computer run a bath or turn off the lights. He sometimes takes control of my computer while at work and I stare in utter panic & confusion as it begins to play terrible country music & surf youtube for politic speeches.....

Who drives when you are together?
Rob always drives but only because I am so tired of hearing him gasp in terror when I accelerate more than 5 miles over the speed limit or a car gets within 100 feet of me. Funny how it's ok for him to speed incredibly fast and tailgate or park in ways that leave random pieces of my car just chillin in my trunk. I just can't take the gasps and I am a little old fashioned at heart.


Please leave me a comment sharing your answers or linking to the answers on your page. I would love to hear more about your significant others!

Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...