10.30.2008

My new favorite camera!


It's difficult to photograph children. They are never still long enough to capture that perfect look they had on their face 2 seconds earlier. With my website I am constantly taking pictures. I want the photos to be clear, well lit, and to show lots of detail. The camera I had before using the Kodak Easyshare Z1012 IS Digital Camera was awful. It would not take a picture fast enough. I was always standing there frantically pushing the button and waiting not so patiently for a photo to be taken. It had a worthless zoom because if you did zoom in then you couldn't blow up the photo later. I could go on and on but you get the point - the camera was no good. The sad thing is, it was my 5th camera attempt and none of them had been any better.

The Kodak Easyshare Z1012 IS Digital Camera is by far the best camera I have had the pleasure of using. It takes crisp, clear, and fast photos. The camera might look a little intimidating but it was surprisingly easy to use. The design made it really easy to grasp and shot photos. The zooming ability of this camera is amazing. It has a 12x optical zoom and if you are like me, this means nothing to you because you don't know that much about cameras. Basically - it was able to zoom into almost anything. I could read the wording on a smoke detector on the second floor of my home sitting on the couch of the first floor. I could zoom in on a leaf at the top of a hill. It captures the details beautifully.

My favorite feature was the ability to shot rapid pictures just by holding down the button. You can enable a feature that will continue taking pictures every few seconds as long as you hold the button down. When I did this I could actually capture everything my son was doing. I also loved taking pictures in the sport mode. My oldest child is definitely an object in constant motion and with previous cameras he was always a moving blur. When I used the Kodak Easyshare Z1012 IS Digital Camera on sport mode there was no blurring and great vivid photos. It has the best in class click to capture speed at only 0.23 seconds.

The 10 megapixel resolution and the optical image stabilization means that you don't have to have a steady hand to shot a good picture. It even uses smart capture technology to check out the scene and adjust the settings for you so that you can get a great picture. It also shots in HD so you can view your images in the highest of quality and you can watch them on your tv. One more thing - it takes videos - so you can toss out that old video camera and film higher quality videos then ever before. Plus you can easily upload and store them on your computer.

There is just two downsides that I discovered with the Kodak Easyshare Z1012 IS Digital Camera. One - it doesn't come with a rechargeable battery (although you can purchase one separately) and if you are using regular lithium batteries it eats through them really quickly. I went through 2 pairs of them in under 2 hours. I did purchase the rechargeable batteries that you plug into the wall for only $10 at Walgreens and then I could just swap them out. You would probably want to do this and to always have a backup set with you. Second - sometimes when I am shooting pictures in the normal mode it will take a while to process in between shots. The screen will say processing and you just have to be patient. This doesn't occur that often but it can be somewhat frustrating.

All in all, I love the Kodak Easyshare Z1012 IS Digital Camera. I like it better than any camera I have tried thus far and though I am no camera expert - I have gone through about 5 digital cameras in my lifetime. With the Holidays so close by it seems like a really good time to make sure you have a camera that can capture those memories. I put together a slideshow below to try and give you an idea of what the quality you get with it versus some of my other digital cameras.
Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...