2.24.2011

Redness relief from Avene

In the last year or so - my skin has decided it loves the color red. My cheeks are almost always flushed with a glow that looks like irritation. I have tried many things to get rid of it and most have not given me much success. So you can see why I jumped at the chance to try out some redness relief products from Avene.

I love the Redness Relief Soothing Cream. It truly does have a calming effect on my skin and it is also very moisturizing. I really like that it also helps to protect my skin from future redness & sun damage with the built in SPF 25. What I found to be really cool about this cream is that it works to strengthen your blood vessel walls and to improve the health of your veins - this helps decrease the redness in your skin. This hypoallergenic cream is a new step in my beauty routine. I can see a difference in how red my face looks and for me it makes an excellent moisturizer too!

Another product from Avene that I found to be really helpful when it came to reducing facial redness - Antirougeurs Anti-Redness Dermo-Cleansing Milky Fluid. I realize that is quite a mouthful but to simplify it is a really gentle no-rinse cleanser. At first I was not a fan but then I realized I was doing it all wrong. Do not use this as a facial cleanser in the shower (especially if you take piping hot showers like I do). While it felt amazing on my face during the application - when I rinsed it off - it left my skin redder than usual. However, when I used the cleanser the way recommended by the instructions - the results were something to be impressed with. You are supposed to apply in a circular motion with your fingers or a cotton pad - then mist your skin with Avene Thermal Spring Water and gently pat dry. When I went for round two I used my fingers to apply and then since I didn't have the recommended mist - I simply patted it dry. When done this way I was obsessed with this milky fluid. It feels amazing when you apply the subtly scented cleanser. You can really feel just how moisture-filled the fluid is and it does have a calming effect on your skin. It also does an awesome job of removing your makeup (with the exception of my budge proof mascara). It's such an easy way of cleansing your face and when you add that to the fact that it also does a good job at preventing redness - it's a winner in my book.

Both products are available on the Avene website as well as many other wonderful skincare options. They are also free of parabens, hypoallergenic, and non-comedic. Check out the full line here or just stock up on redness fighting products!

Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...